LOCKDOWN

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » LOCKDOWN » Новый форум » Please help me remember!

Please help me remember!

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Okay, I’m not a big tv- or movie nerd, but I remember seeing one in particular… I don’t even know what to call it! I’ve seen it as my parents were watching it late at night, so it may be just a regular broadcast but for late night tv, or it could’ve been a rental or something off the net. All that I can recall is a brightly-colored sequence of the human (male presenting) and some kind of creature or entity practicing for some kind of performance. I couldn’t tell you what they were rehearsing, but there were strange, animated props and maybe some more actors.

Am I imagining things? Was there a show like this?

+1

Is this “Farewell, my king”?

+2

If it’s the scene for “Farewell” I’m going to lose it.

+2

There was a scene like this in the Farewell?

I’m not sure if it is that wedgend had in mind, but yeah. They had a scene there Rob and Star did some play on the spot and everyone chimed in. Some of the sinister classics, and it happened to be a dream sequence. It was cut later for reasons unknown, maybe to shorten the runtime. It had a lot of strange stuff in the earlier cuts.

+1

Oh yeah I remember watching the director's cut for the first time and being like, omg is this the same movie I adored my whole life? Dude had some VISIONS and no one could stop him from bringing it to life.

I just watched it. If I saw that as a kid I would too, repress it from my memory or decide it was a fever dream all along.

+1

Wait, is it the one that gave some people seizures or something?

go ask your mom wrote:

Wait, is it the one that gave some people seizures or something?

No, it was a thing with one of the earliest children’s series.

+1

It’s a solid movie if you disregard some of the bizarre sequences. I don’t know what it was supposed to convey, but it’s just how early Telldy made his movies.

+1

Why would my parents watch what…

I’d recommend watching one of the softest versions of it. Telldy makes art-house things, but this one managed to climb into mainstream because of the humor and somewhat lighthearted tone. But if you look a little bit deeper, it’s a neat little deconstruction of modern perception of power, violence and para-sociality.

+1

I’m so glad Mr. T was able to find his inspiration in the abstract, like, it’s a lot easier to make something provocative using rifts and stuff that are real life problems. Nobody just bats an eye when he makes his statements.

+1

You are here » LOCKDOWN » Новый форум » Please help me remember!

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно